Friday, February 19, 2010

Kitten herding? People herding? Boat people?


Ok its thursday night...raid night, videos watched, forums searched, and a energy drink ready at my side. Green light is go!

Log in - check mailboxes, log onto main, 15 people on give or take a few. Our GM, Ari logs, and the work computer connection is being naughty and cannot play tonight, people would need to organize something without her.

It was as Ari said - at 1st - it was like crickets chirping when the question was posed to the officer corp.

(Disclaimer - I do not recall all what was said etc, just recalling what happened. etc)

And this is my own fault, I admit I was caught off guard when the call went out. Wasn't expecting this.

Dozzer made a good point when there are other officer's to lead etc besides him and Ari.

Ari, Tel, Doz all had their hand at RL earlier this week.

Ideas as far as where to go, totc 10, togc, uld, etc. (people were saved in a mixture to ICC and VoA)

Invite sent out went to normal totc 10

Liyhe, Sorak, Glendor, Rott, Diessel, Wica, Flavi, Tireal, Darthknight and Arvash.

going to 2 heal this (me and sorak). tanks were Darth and Arv

....invites went out and I didn't even know how to convert into a raid....people advise its in the raid window...now why didnt i think of that...go in, I assume people know the normal fights and what to do.

The ugly dude Gormok comes out....start healing tanks, staying out of a fire, getting snobolds killed...I was thinking damn...why are people taking sooo much dmgs....time to play whack mole in hyper mode. WTB turbo controller/mouse.

The worms or is wyrms, Dreadscale and Acidmaw pop....lots of dmg is happening....OMG wtf is going on....think we wiped here. Screens are checked....everyone favorite cow shaman was in the wrong spec....lol. Definitely was funny. 4k DPS as resto outrageous! Specs are corrected and proceeded to stomp the rest of the encounters with over half time remaining on a fish feast.

ToTc 10 normal i think was done about 9:30 est??? Give or take a few minutes.

Head out to ToGC 10. People swap characters as needed. Head in and I do not know what the hell is going in regards to how EP/GP works exactly. RL then passed to Tel. I may be wrong here but I do not know how many of us had been in the heroic version and passed thru it. At this point Ti offered advise and guidance. (much appreciated) The 1st 3 fights went smoothly....almost exactly like the normal versions. The FC once down was easy. The Valkyrs....sorta the same, except the orbs hit for a lot more, and apply a DoT, the Valkyrs will also apply a DoT. Nice loot dtops for people.

Eventually got those down, and then Anub. Very different then 10 or 25 normal version. I was shocked as to how little HP he has in heroic version. Got him down to the 50's and prob would have him down if had more time, but it was getting late!! :(

All in all not a bad night, in mu opinion, others may differ, but i had a good time. Again as I said...I am down for doing anything in game.

I am a relatively new to the game of WoW. I guess the only way to get used to RL is to do it more often. Will need to just suck it up and listen to other's advise.

http://clearcasting.wordpress.com/2010/02/19/kitten-herding-101/

8 comments:

  1. Raid leadering takes some getting used to. It is one thing to tell people what to do, and quite another when you have to know what you are telling people to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, the most important thing is just to get the kittens in the box. Once they start killing stuff and focus, the team starts to pull together and they want to do more.

    Kind of like dragging a kid to a party that they thought they didn't want to go to but it turns out that they had a great time.

    And now I think it's time to see if you can solo-heal Marrowgar... =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominate Del or Tel to try 1st!

    I take no credit for "leading" anything, all i did was sent out invites. things just seemed to flow after that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes that is all it takes to get things going.

    People are always afraid to just start forming a group

    ReplyDelete
  5. "People are always afraid to just start forming a group"

    Exactly. It's like when my group of friends gets together. What do you want to eat? Dunno. What do you want to do? Dunno. Nothing happens until someone nudges the others in the same direction.

    Think of all the people flying around WG calling out LFG. VoA would be rocked so much more often if one of those people just started up the group.

    I think I'm going to start delegating raid leading more often amongst the officers. It's in the officer requirements and I don't want anyone getting stuck with it again with no experience. (So sorry that you didn't know how to convert to a raid. Although that is hilarious in hindsight.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also didnt know how to do a readycheck.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's always /readycheck and there should be a button on the raid pane. My UI frequently bugs out on the raid pane and I lose the button. /sad

    But you learned and that was the most important part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The most important part of "kitteh herdin'"? When you make a decision, stick by it. If people have issues with your decisions (as long as they are sound decisions and won't cause wipes/wastes of time) TFB. They can find a new raid or lead their own. It is your raid and your (or Guild) rules.

    ReplyDelete