Wednesday, February 17, 2010

whining and winning.


Ok. Last night...Blood Princes kicked are asses. I played horribly. Freakin got hit by an empowered fireball. Dozzer even called it out...I dont know what happened..just froze up...choice between healing Kagan and running....guess what happened....

Anyways, we did get better at avoid a lot of the empowered vortex, target swaps can be an issue. Beach ball hit the ground a few times. Shadow lances ripped thru Sorak. And at times I got out of range of Kagan. Overall a very chaotic fight.

And that is the brilliance of this fight lies. My experience so far with WoW, many of the encounters is the raid vs the boss. Every know and then an add with annoying abilities may spawn, but nothing at the level of the Blood Princes. In essence you have 3 bosses chucking all sorts of nasty at you. Stuff that can wipe your raid fast.

Personally speaking I am not a fan of chaos. It throws me off rhythm. Other fights prior to this have a flow and ebb after a few tries I can feel and go with the flow. This fight is WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM. Deadly Boss Mods is like a kid on too much sugar or a speed head - FIREBALL, SHOCK VORTEX ZOMGGGGG OVERLOAD.

Thank goodness Dozzer made a very good sugeestion of turning shit off you dont need to be warned avout turned off. And he is right. The stuff that does not raid wipe you the damage is quite minimal and easily healed thru.

Because I am new to the group. I do not like making suggestions or etc. But I think we definitely could have benefitted from maybe just taking a 5 min breather after a few wipes to clear heads and get away from staring at the pixels. Would have given more of a chance to step back and think, what the hell can I/raid improve on??

Other then that back to watching the blood princes video again and trolling the forums for any hints and gems of knowledge hidden in there.

3 comments:

  1. You are part of the PROgression team. You are there b/c you are good at your job and offer good insight. Speak up if you see something going on or have insight into a new strat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New or not (and you're hardly new anymore), we want to hear what you have to say. If you don't want to say it out loud, you can always toss a whisper to one of us.

    I can focus on the same fight or series of fights for hours without an issue and I forget that not everyone can do that. I need you guys to keep me tied in to what is realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and it just dawned on me what you're so down on yourself for. You cant avoid being hit by the empowered fireball, don't beat yourself up about that. The only thing you can do about it is move to the right spot and everyone else leaches energy off of it.

    ReplyDelete